Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - Watch It Here

When I was a kid, I couldn't wait for the Thanksgiving Holiday to arrive. Not because I was looking forward to giving thanks or eating myself into some ridiculous transcendental gluttonous state, but because I knew that when Thanksgiving arrived - Christmas was officially right around the corner!

One of the true hallmarks of Thanksgiving in our home was watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It pretty much set the mood for a laid back and fun-loving Holiday Season.



A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is the tenth prime-time animated TV special based upon the popular comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz. It was originally aired on the CBS network in 1973, and won an Emmy Award the following year. The special was directed by Bill Melendez and Phil Roman. In the special, Peppermint Patty invites herself and her friends over to Charlie Brown's for Thanksgiving. Never deterred, "Good ole Chuck" with Linus, Snoopy, and Woodstock, attempts to throw together a Thanksgiving dinner.

I'd love to invite you all over to my blog for some Turkey, hospitality, and more.... But since I havn't figured out how to upload pumpkin pie, I figured it's not too realistic; Therefore, feel free to stop on by to check out A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. I'm streaming the entire episode (compliments of Hulu.com) below.

I hope you'll enjoy it and have a wonderful Thanksgiving where ever you may be!


Here's Wishing You A Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Bowie Mike said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Thanks for the streaming gift!

Tami Daun said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jane Turley said...

Charlie Brown isn't working for little 'ol me over here in the UK but thanks anyway:)

A happy Thanksgiving to you Mr I:)