Friday, May 30, 2014

Really Old Stuff!

Where's the mouse?

I know I'm getting up there in years, but this computer even looks really old to me!








And what are those...  Coasters?





 Okay, I guess really old stuff is all relative. I actually still remember Floppy Disks and probably have a few around the house still, but to these kids, this computer is archaic to say the least.

Some of you "old schoolers" will remember some of the nuances of these dinosaurs.  Like...  "You actually have to give it a command first."  And "You know what DOS is?"  And what about Syntax Error?  That phrase makes my skin crawl.  All that said, my favorite reality of this video.. the comment:

"There's no Internet!"

Where would we be today with "NO INTERNET?"

Thank goodness for Al Gore and his internet!  And for anyone who is still confused about whether Al Gore invented (or claimed to invent) the internet or not, here's a pretty good explanation:


2 comments:

Jane Turley said...

Wow, this is a bit of change! I thought you were the cool blue guy?:)

Time passes too quickly. I think my boys think I was born in the 1800s -One of them asked me if I owned "a bike with one big wheel and one small wheel" once. I don't think I need to explain how I felt - I just deleted him from my will:D

intrepidideas said...

LOL. 1/2 rations for a week and no Tele....