Monday, November 12, 2007

Back in Hong Kong



which way do I go?

Okay, I'm off to the races. After a grueling 14 1/2 hour flight to Hong Kong on United Airlines I hit the ground running. Well, not really running but walking very quickly. Okay, kinda just staggering around - lost! It was a nice flight over. Very smooth. United has started direct service from LAX to Hong Kong again so that's a great deal for me. The flight traveled up the west coast of the United States, across Alaska and the Aleutian islands, across the Russian Kamchatka peninsula overhead Magadan, Russia and then south directly overhead Beijing, China - down through southeastern China and into Hong Kong. I was a bit tired when we landed but I quickly got a second wind. After checking into the hotel I agreed to meet my traveling partners for a beer. And that's about all I could stand. The beer hit me rather quickly and I soon realized that it was time for bed. I found myself dozing several times at the bar. It's not too cool when you start drooling in the middle of a conversation. (Ha, ha, ha ) So I figured, it was a good time to head back and get some rest. It's just my luck that Hong Kong has these cute little directions in the street for pedestrians to remind you of which way to look for street traffic. Many of you know this but they drive on the left side of the road in Hong Kong, versus the right side in the US. Thus, the tendency is to look the wrong way before you cross the street. Honestly, I found that the signs didn't help me per se. They just reminded me that I needed to look in all directions several times before I crossed the street. Remember your parents teaching you to look both ways before you crossed? See, those good habits can save your tail.....











Flying over the Kamchatka peninsula and the Sea of Okhotsk



Well that's it for now. I know I've got some catch up blogging to do so expect more soon.

No comments: