Sunday, August 9, 2009

New York City! I think It Said "Don't Walk"

Remember the movie Rain Man starring Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise?



Remember the scene where "Raymond" is crossing the street and the sign changed to "Don't Walk?"



Here's a reminder:










Well this happened to me in New York City the other day. I was walking across the street and the "walk sign" started blinking. I hustled, cautiously looking for cars, anticipating the change, and expecting to see the big "Red Hand." A universally recognized sign indicating "Don't Walk."

Instead I saw this:






Further Inspection:






Closer Inspection:






Boy, someone really has a sense of humor! I guess next time I'll only cross the street when it says walk!

5 comments:

Bowie Mike said...

It is kind of sophomoric, but this gave me a good chuckle..

Jane Turley said...

Hmm...does that mean when you cross the street you get a rocket up your backside? Oh...these American signs are so perplexing....

intrepidideas said...

Mike,

juvenile indeed! (smile)...

Jane... (snicker...)

Bowie Mike said...

Say what?

intrepidideas said...

I'm not exactly sure what he said.... I think he flipped me off! Either that or spam.