Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Investment Advice

Investment Advice

"If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago
, it would now be worth $49.00.With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00.Worldcom leaves you with less than $5.00If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) a year ago, consumed all of the beer, then turned in the cans for either the recycled aluminum fee, or the 10¢ deposit, (depending on your state of residence), you would have ( ± $214.00).Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. This, new retirement program, is called the 401Keg program."


Okay, I'm not exactly sure where this came from - I found it floating around in one of my junk emails..... I think the timing of it is circa 2004 but once again, I'm not sure. I'm not a Budweiser drinker, but I can easily substitute my favorite label in for Bud. I got a kick out of it and thought I'd share the humor/harsh reality with you all. Yeah, the sad thing is that an invesment today can be worthless a year from now and you could be wishing you had the empty cans! So be careful out there. And if you think you'll lose all of your money this year with bad investment decisions, save yourself the agony and buy a bunch of beer instead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news. At the rate I'm going, I will be able to retire early. :)

intrepidideas said...

Ha, ha.... That's the spirit. Keep investing!

Tami Daun said...

*sigh*. I'm an investing wimp. I do the portfolio accounts (don't know what they are called in English), and let someone else invest for me. The one has crashed, but it's a long-term thing. So, give me some advice. Is it not semi-ok to buy while they are now so cheap? The other one I have has actually not crashed. It is still doing pretty good. However, the bank has primarily invested in South America, and renewable energy in Brazil.

Julie said...

I'm pretty chicken when it comes to investments anyway....So I don't invest very much at all.....When I do invest, it is in the long term stuff, usually....