Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse - I missed it!

Okay, I found myself in the middle of the desert in Arizona on February 19, 2008. Oh great I thought! I looked up at crystal clear skies with no light pollution. I could literally see thousands of stars and a brilliant moon in the sky. Just my luck - a perfect opportunity for a viewing of the lunar eclipse on the 20Th. NOT - I stood ready with camera and binoculars but the weather didn't cooperate. Clouds and rain like you wouldn't believe. Wait a second I thought. Isn't this the desert? It doesn't rain like this here. You know drought, heat , rattlesnakes cactus es (cacti), and lizards. I expected all of that and even a few scorpions. But no torrential down pours. Oh well, my bad luck but at least I got to enjoy some great homemade pizza and scrambled eggs by a man affectionately known as Ratatatouille. And kudos to the US Navy for shooting down a rogue satellite!



It was a nice visit.... I had a great time and we did what we had to do!

2 comments:

BAMBOO BLITZ said...

Too bad your eclipse-watching-plans were foiled. You did take some lovely photos though...

intrepidideas said...

Thanks Bamboo... Yeah. All in all it was a fun trip. I watched the eclipse on another blog... :)