Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Award goes to.........

In the category of best tasting water out of the tap.......
The Gold Medal Award goes to ?????

Ever hear of BERKELEY SPRINGS, W.Va? I haven't either. At least not until today.


The residents of Los Angeles have something to drink about today and it's not that the Academy Awards are over and done with. This weekend, more than 120 water sources competed in the 18Th annual Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting competition. A panel of 10 journalists and food critics sampled sparkling, tap and bottled water from 19 states and other countries, including New Zealand, Romania, Macedonia and the Philippines.




The title of best municipal water went to Los Angeles, California - we actually shared it with the town of Clearbrook, British Columbia. That means these judges determined that out of all of the contestants, Los Angeles and Clearbrook have the tastiest tap water! You'd expect that from a town named "Clearbrook" but from Los Angeles -- Come on!


What a credit nonetheless! With prices of gasoline soaring and the price of bottled water sometimes exceeding the price of the same quantity of petrol, the residents of LA have yet another reason to love it here.... "Randy Newman - I love LA"


So here's the deal: For a limited time only, I'll be saving my empty bottled water containers. And per your request and a fee, I will fill up these containers from my tap and send you the water so that you can have your own sample of some of the best tasting water. Just let me know if you want some water and I'll tell you how much money to send me. Who knows? If enough of you order my water, I can quit my day job!



Enjoy and Drink up!




No comments: