Friday, October 9, 2009

Pins on a Map!

When I first started traveling I used to keep a big map in my garage with pins stuck into the different places that I traveled to. It was cool coming home and sticking a pin into a brand new spot. I'd stare at the map and marvel at all of the pins sticking out. I thought I was a "big time" world traveler.

Just recently, I ran across a site - TravBuddy.com - which has taken this pin sticking process into the digital era. On a whim, I decided to stick a few pins into this digital map. It was somewhat of a humbling experience to learn that I've got a long way to go to see the world! I've only been to 29% of the countries on the globe.

That's not even half!

(Keep in mind that I had to edit some of the places in the world that I've been to because if I told you I was there- I'd have to kill you!) -smile -

Still, if I included those extra countries and added the few that I've visited but forgotten, I'm sure it wouldn't even push me over the 30% mark.

I've just come to the realization that I've got some more traveling to do!

Here's my map if you want to take a look.















If you want to make your own it's pretty simple. Click on the link above and start clicking countries.

3 comments:

Bowie Mike said...

I saw a similar map on a post that I read back in July. The difference is that he hi-lighted countries in the world that were settings for books that he's read.

Jennifer said...

That is so cool! I hope you visit every single place on your map.

I haven't even left the continent. Wait, does the Caribbean count?

Maybe traveling overseas should be my next goal. :P

intrepidideas said...

Mike,
that's an interesting way to approach the map thing. I like it. Makes you think back on all of the books you read. Huh?

Jennifer,

Thanks... Yeah, the Caribbean does count. Lovely blue water there. Where did you go?