Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thank You!

This week, we laid Emma's body to rest. Interestingly, she was placed in a tomb above the ground. (See this entombment link) I somehow found this to be more refreshing than the traditional methods of burying the casket or cremation. I guess I feel better knowing that her body is still with us on Earth. It seems less permanent to me. Additionally, It gave me cause to review the way in which I would like to be interred. I don't plan on leaving here anytime soon but you never know. So I'll be doing a review and educating myself on the pros and cons of entombment.

Emma's service went very well. The quality of people who came from far away places to pay their respects astounded me. Friends, family, and loved ones. The emotions finally hit me at the funeral and I cried like a baby. I cried for her. I cried for me. I cried for my loss and the loss of her family. But more than anything, I cried for what I have.... I have friends and family (including my Mother) who put their lives on hold and flew out from as far away as Washington D.C. to support me. One friend even called in sick at work and jumped in his car to drive four hours to be here for the services. These friends also knew and loved Emma. Others never knew Emma but came here purely to support me. Others really wanted to be here but couldn't and I understand. The seemingly endless barrage of gifts, flowers, and food continues. I truly cherish these things and will be forever grateful to those who stepped up to show their support. I thank each and every one of you. I thank my blog readers who showed sensitivity and class and offered support in their own special ways. I'll be moving on and blogging again soon. But not before I say:

Thank you All!

2 comments:

josey said...

hi intrepid :) im so happy the service went smoothly, and there were so many people there to support you and say goodbye to Emma.

times like this are always a reminder for us to be truly grateful for what we have in this life!

intrepidideas said...

Thanks Josey... So. Uhm.... You tagged me again? Let me see what this one is. I'm sure it will be fun.