Monday, October 19, 2009

Courageous or Dumb? Balloon Boy's Parents.

I was taken in by the stunt. I, like many others, was in the middle of a busy day but I still found time to divert a little bit of emotion and compassion towards this event and hope and pray that the kid would be found unhurt, or rescued. Now I'm a bit disturbed to learn that it was all a hoax and that the viewing public was taken for a ride.




I'm sure it sounded like a great idea over a 12 pack of Budweiser!

Think of all the resources wasted to cover this story and recover the balloon.

Definitely a dumb idea. I can't imagine the judge/jury will be very sympathetic.

Looks like they'll be getting the publicity for their reality series..... "Mom and Dad Did A Dumb Thing."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband and I played it over and over again laughin hysterically. "... you said we did it for the show." Priceless. I see my son, four Thanksgivings ago, repeating something I said, "But you said Aunt Debi is a slob and her house is dirty." Yeah, there was a lot of back peddling involved on my part. Any parent with a lick of sense knows that kids are not capable of keeping secrets for very long.

The whole incident is beyond strange.

intrepidideas said...

Summer, I Gotta laugh at your story. You're so right. Kids say the funniest things. Sometimes not what you want them to say. :)

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

I'm just hoping they haven't made the son feel badly about telling the truth! I missed the whole commotion (and not much at all judging by the outcome) as we were doing the college tour thing.

Jane Turley said...

Dumb, definately dumb. On the plus side these kind of people make me look normal:)

intrepidideas said...

Footsteps, that's the tragedy of the whole thing. They got their children wrapped up in this deception. I'm glad you missed it. It was a waste of time. Good luck with the tours.... It's that time huh? Is he staying local?

Yes Jane, people like this make us look normal indeed! :)