Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lindsay Lohan sues Etrade for $100 Million

Please say it isn't so.....


Lindsay Lohan, who began her career as a child model at the age of three has launched a $100 million law suit against my favorite babies. Well, not really the babies (smile), but against Etrade discount brokerage.





The ad in question is the Etrade "Girlfriend" clip which first aired in last month's Super Bowl. In the ad, two babies are video chatting and discussing a missed date from the night before........

Here, check it out:

Lindsay, who has had substance abuse problems in the past, claims that the ad assaults her directly (my words). Stephanie Ovaidia, Lohan's lawyer said: "They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Every body's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan."

I'll admit... When I first saw the ad, Lindsay Lohan's name didn't come to mind. I thought the ad was cute and the "milkaholic" thing was kid appropriate. Lohan's name didn't factor into my humor at all.

What do you think?

Let's see if Wolfman Jack's estate files a suit against Etrade next week for the howling thing!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh. Lindsay Lohan. Will she ever just give it a rest? That's actually my favorite Etrade commercial. This gives me yet another reason to dislike her.

Chris said...

Must be a publicity stunt... or she's short on cash. It's so ridiculous! She needs to get over herself. I think she's lost her fan base anyway.

intrepidideas said...

Summer... Yeah, I'm with you. Give it a rest! Really! Hopefully she'll get cleaned up.

intrepidideas said...

Chris... What's up? How ya been? You guys thawed out yet? $100 million is a lot of money. I think you're right, it's all about the publicity.

Heather Dugan (Footsteps) said...

Huh. Yeah, I'm afraid my mind didn't jump there either. Sounds like wishful thinking perhaps.