Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kendall's Brasserie and Bar

Looking for a taste of France in downtown Los Angeles? I was just looking for a place to eat lunch that was close to Superior Court and I stumbled upon a pretty good bowl of French Onion Soup.



If you live in New York City or Los Angeles and you dine out on a regular basis, you're probably familiar with the Patina Group. I've had the luxury of dinning at several of their locations and I just added a new one to my list.





Located right in the heart of the Music Center at:



135 N. Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-972-7322



It's a good place to stop for an upscale lunch with good atmosphere and service. We were released a tad bit early from jury duty the other day and decided to treat ourselves to something a little more special than the usual eateries. I wasn't overly hungry but was certainly looking forward to a bowl of soup and a salad. I was pleasantly surprised. I topped off the salad and soup with a small order of garlic french fries. They were perfect. My only criticism with the entire meal was the coffee. I had a latte and my friends had cappuccinos. We were all disappointed. I found my coffee to be a bit thin and somewhat tasteless.


Next time I'll skip the coffee but everything else was very pleasant!
Edit: Friday 13, 2009 - Still on jury duty, I decided to go back for another bowl of the French Onion Soup. This time I skipped the coffee.

4 comments:

Dick Stone said...

It has been a while since I had a good bowl of french onion soup. Mrs Dickster and I are going to go out for our Valentine's meal on Monday (we never try to go on the actual day, too much hassle)I may have to find a place that has it.

intrepidideas said...

Dickster, Just to let you know... I went back there again today. It was worth it. But I skipped the coffee! Good Luck finding a place for Monday. Don't forget the chocolate.

Dick Stone said...

By the way, we ended up going to Longhorn Steak House, and yes, I had a bowl of French Onion Soup, and I could have gone for another.

Chris said...

YUM! It is 11 AM here and now I'm wishing I had some french onion soup for lunch! All I have is vegetable soup in the fridge, but at least it's homemade. :)