Friday, May 14, 2010

The $35,000 Blog Comment!

Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, .....






No, it's the NBA and they've got a fine for you Dwight Howard!


Say it isn't so!




I'm a little late to the party but let me pile on anyway. I was scrolling through my Blackberry today looking for a distraction from the "Helter Skelter" stock market ride and I rolled across this story about Dwight Howard being fined for a Blog comment.

I had to read the story twice - and I couldn't believe it either time. Yes, the "freakishly big" Dwight Howard, who plays basketball for the Orlando Magic and sometimes doubles as Superman, was fined $35,000 for a comment he made on his own Blog! I guess he's not too big for the NBA to beat up.

Here's part of the comment:


"Ya’ll know that that series against Charlotte drove me crazy. I mean it was almost comical at times how I was getting fouls called on me. There was nothing I could do our there and I felt like I couldn’t even move without getting that whistle blown on me.

I’m not looking to say anything to get myself in trouble with the league, but I just don’t see other star players getting called for fouls the way I get them. No star player in the league is outta games the way I am. I even talked to Pat Ewing about his career and he said he never had foul trouble like what I’m going through.

I gotta say this is the most frustrating stretch of my career. I’ve never been through four games in a row like that. But hey, we won the series and we’re moving on. I’m so so so hoping that things will be different next series against ATL or Milwaukee."

(Follow this link to read all of Dwight's comments on his Blog: click here:)



Wow. I don't quite know what to say about this event. Frankly, I didn't find his comments that offensive.

But get this; this was the second fine on Howard for comments he made on his Blog. Back in November he was fined $15,000 for similar comments he made on his Blog.

Just goes to show you, Blogging can be an expensive habit!

After all of that, here's some light entertainment for your viewing pleasure.




Now watch as Dwight Howard Dunks on a 12 foot rim.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! I hope no one can fine me for comments!! :)

intrepidideas said...

No, Chris... You'll get a rebate for your comments! :)

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Wow. I'm with you in not finding anything where the offensive content is in this. I kind of admire the way he addresses the issue, shares his frustration and then moves on in a positive way.