Saturday, June 14, 2008

Double Tree Cookies! Yum!

A while back I posted "Eat This Not That." where I rambled on about a few things and ended with a question on whether you should eat a Tuna Sub or Roast Beef Sub.

Today I've got another dilemma for you.... How many of you are cookie eaters? If you like cookies, then I'm sure you've had the chance to sample one or two at Subway. What about Doubletree Hotels? Have you tried their cookies?



This past week I found myself in a position to enjoy cookies from both Subway and Doubletree. So out of curiosity, I decided to check out the details. I couldn't find a comparison for these cookies on the "Eat This Not That!" site. But for other cookies, follow the link.

Eat this - Cookies



So I decided to do my own research. Here's what I found:

Subway Cookies- Last week I went for the three for $0.99 special. I opted for one of each of the CHOCOLATE CHUNK, WHITE CHIP MACADAMIA NUT, and PEANUT BUTTER. Believe it or not, I only ate the Chocolate Chunk. I may get around to the others later. (smile) But for now, I'll just compare the Chocolate Chunk to the Doubletree Cookie.


Chocolate Chunk

Calories 210
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Fat 10 g

Doubletree Cookie

Calories 310
Protein 4.4 g
Carbohydrates 38 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Fat 18 g



Now for some more news. The Subway cookies weigh in at about 1.5 ounces while the Doubletree cookies tip the scale at close to 2.3 ounces. So the DT cookie is a bit larger.

If you look at the numbers and you compare one cookie to one cookie, it appears that the Subway cookie would be the best bet.

Guess what? You're probably right but I'm going for the Doubletree Cookie every time! They are absolutely delicious! Made with Ghirardelli chocolate chips and walnuts, I think they are scrumptious. I'll be happy to run a few extra miles or spend some extra time in the gym but keep those warm cookies coming!



Order Doubletree Cookies

Perhaps it's the special chocolate, or the walnuts, butter, or the cinnamon. But I love them! Good thing I only have them about twice a year. Unfortunately, I've just located a recipe on line. I think I'll try to make a batch. If you like em too..... Here's the link for the recipe: Doubletree Cookie Recipe.

I'm off to the gym!

4 comments:

Jane Turley said...

Oh, poor Miss Jayne's mouth is watering. Tis not fair to keep to keep blogging about scrummy food Mr I; gals like me don't need the encouragement!

I am seriously impressed though that you run, workout AND bake cookies! A man who bakes cookies is a rariety which I'm sure many women would be happy to duel over... Dishcloths at Dawn perhaps!!

Do you wear a pinny when your cooking? Striped? Flowery? Or maybe one of those ones with the bra and knickers on??!! An amusing thought....

...now where's my cookies..I'm feeling peckish.....

intrepidideas said...

Dishcloths at Dawn... What a concept. A story in itself! Perhaps they should try my cookies first. I never said they were good! Miss Jayne.... I'll save you a few. Especially the chocolate gooey ones!

Anonymous said...

Double Tree cookies actually have 650 calories... and they are still worth it!

Unknown said...

650 calories my arse! shame on you, anonymous, for leaving such blasphemy! the d.t. cookie ain't that big!